Friday, July 24, 2015

he'll rant the fat right off you

Good example of modern shakubuku: the now-infamous video rant by ex-military fitness instructor John Burk, who has no qualms about telling it like it is.

Burk didn't offend me with his rant. If anything, I almost felt as though I should drop and give him fifty pushups right there on the spot. I'm fat, but I'm not into "fat acceptance." This isn't for aesthetic reasons: I've seen many a charmingly plump, curvy lady whom I've secretly adjudged delectable. Fat doesn't mean ugly by any means. But Burk is right to point out the health issues associated with being fat, and he's right that most of us fatties are the way we are thanks to a long series of bad life-choices that have hardened into nearly unbreakable habits. That's karma, after all: cause and effect.

So the next step is, obviously...


_

No comments: